Friday, November 7, 2008

London By Night

A Dark Hall
Richmond St., across from the train station.

I had a fair bit of trouble taking this picture, as people kept coming around to see what I was doing. I suppose anybody who shoots photographs at night is under suspicion, but you can "see' the city in a whole different light at night. The above scene stuck me as what it would feel like to look in live person to an old Edgar Allen Poe story.


Kensington Bridge at Night

London By Night

07 Nov 2008

Even before the age of terrorism and fear we seem to live in, any activity at night draws undue attention. After more than 25 years in amateur astronomy, using my telescope at night still draws stares. Photography at night is also a hard thing to do, the few photos I took this past month drew attention from people whenever I stopped to take a long time exposure.







York Street Bridge

A view looking south from the King Street foot bridge.








Two More from the Forks

If you look closely, you can see where construction of the fountain at the forks is taking place.





The Brunswick Hotel by Night

The story is still not complete, and I shall wait until all is said and done before I post my experience, but in the meantime a view at night. Of all the buildings we have lost in the past few years, for some reason, this one haunts me the most.



When I was up north in the bush 30 years ago, I saw a live animal, near death, in a leg hold trap. Seeing "The Wick" this way brings those memories back like it was just a day ago.



No comments: